Now Over 14 Years Old, 2nd Best Blue Route in the USA!
NY Route 28: Central Adirondack Trail
The East-West Site of NYRoutes.com from February, 2003
From the Adirondack Northway, I-87 to the New York State Thruway, I-90
24 Hour Stores
Return to Main Page
When you need something late at night, the Adirondacks is short on all-night establishments. It's only in New York City where they never sleep! However, there are some strategically located exceptions to aid the hungry stomachs and gas tanks of the intrepid traveler. There are no all-night places in the Adirondack Parks section of NY Route 28: Central Adirondack Trail:.
From the Thruway
- are at or near the Junctions of NY Route 29 on both NY Routes 30 & 30A in Vails Mill and Johnstown.
- Eastern NY 28, Warrensburg on NY 28. In the Tupper-Saranac-Lake Placid Tri-Lakes Region, the nearest one is on the west side of Lake Placid Village on NY 86.
- On the mid-western part of NY Route 28: Central Adirondack Trail:, there is a good 24 store in western Old Forge by the bridge over the Middle Branch of the Moose River
- There is also one in Booneville
If you use the Adirondack Northway, I-87, northbound:
- The last 24 hours store is at Exit 26, Pottersville.
- Southbound from Montreal it's Exit 34, Keysville
- Exits 15 - 21 have 24 stores at or near the exits.
|Area Code: 518 Before Raquette Lake
||Area Code: 315 After Raquette Lake